Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Changing Highstreet

Over the last few weeks there has been an increase in the number of shops announcing their closure, the latest is HMV which is closing after 92 years. It seems that the high street is becoming obsolete due to a rise in on line shopping on sites like Amazon.

Whilst I admit that shopping on line is more convenient as any purchases get sent straight to my door. I am concerned that if the high street becomes obsolete then millions if not billions of people will be out of a job which will result in the economy will suffer as the number of people turning to the state for help will rise.

Whilst I am not against change I am against change that is detrimental, I know people say that sometimes things get worse before they get better.  Not only will people be out of a job but there other implications for example the health implications - if people are not going out as much then things such as depression and obesity may increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment